Strong abdominal and back muscles are important to stabilize your spine. Use this technique to strengthen your abdominal muscles without straining your lower back.
- Lie on your back
- Keep your thighs perpendicular to ground
- Ankles apart, knees apart but parallel
- Navel to spine, and keep your pelvic floor tight
- Breath out as you bring your knees to chest, knees together and leave ankles apart
- Tighten inner thigh and stomach-relax butt and back
Relaxing your back and tightening your stomach helps to protect your lower back.